The Youth Space Future Leaders Programme
Aim: To inspire and encourage young people to take a lead role in regenerating their community through getting involved and being active role models for others.
Carried out with the support of Human Utopia www.humanutopia.com
Hu-R-U? Workshop/ Future Leaders Programme Launch Day: A day long course and this experience really helps young people see who they have become and who they could be. The morning helps young people reflect on pressures they have faced in the past and how these things have shaped who they are today, challenging them to make a positive change.
Future Leaders Training: The future leaders attend workshops designed to help them develop the skills and confidence to regenerate their community.
Three options for the Future Leaders:
- Campaigning: The democratic development of a ‘Young People’s Agenda’ for Reddish that lists the 5 priorities that young people have for the area. Campaign to get the local community, business and politicians to support the agenda and work towards social change.
- Entrepreneurial: To develop ‘Youth Space’ into a social enterprise that can be sustainable and deliver social change over the long term. Will become Directors of the company.
- Communication: To pass on the positive messages of the programme (as role models) through the running of their own workshops/activity camps for other young people.
Future Leader Outcomes:
- Gain more confidence.
- Understand yourself better.
- Be happier.
- Improve life chances.
- Knowing what you want and how to get it.
- Maximising potential.
- Making a difference in my community by contributing to the common good.
- Building employability skills.
- Improving my academic performance.
- Improving my interpersonal skills.
Gain Transferable skills
- Enterprise/Work skills.
- Team working skills.
- Community Impact.
- Leadership Skills.
- Citizenship Skills.